Department of the Treasury
About the agency
The Department of the Treasury is an executive department and the treasury of the United States federal government. It manages the government's revenue.
Per the Treasury Department's 2015 FOIA Report, "Some records are specifically exempt from disclosure pursuant to statute, such as records that contain Bank Secrecy Act information or certain tax return information... Other records and information that are obtained from private businesses and submitted in confidence or that contain proprietary information... [and] information and records contained in or related to the examination or the supervision of financial institutions..."
Requester suggestions, tips and guidance
Appeals suggestions, tips and guidance
Learned something about this agency's process through an appeal? Let everyone know.
- Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau
- Bureau of Engraving and Printing
- Bureau of the Fiscal Service
- Departmental Offices
- Financial Crimes Enforcement Network
- Internal Revenue Service - Headquarters Office
- Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
- Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration
- United States Mint