Department of Housing and Urban Development
About the agency
The Department of Housing and Urban Development is in charge of affordable housing and development of urban areas.
What should others know about this agency's files and what you can get?
Requester suggestions, tips and guidance
- FOIA requests to HUD can be submitted via mail to specific contacts depending on the nature of the request. Requests can also be submitted via HUD’s online FOIA portal.
Appeals suggestions, tips and guidance
Learned something about this agency's process through an appeal? Let everyone know.
- Region I (Boston, Hartford, Manchester, Providence)
- Region II (New York, Albany, Buffalo, Camden, Newark, Syracuse)
- Region III (Philadelphia, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Richmond, Washington, D.C., Charleston, Wilmington)
- Region IV (Atlanta, Birmingham, Caribbean, Columbia, Greensboro, Jackson, Jacksonville, Knoxville, Louisville, Nashville, Memphis, Miami, Orlando, Tampa)
- Region V (Chicago, Columbus, Cleveland, Detroit, Indianapolis, Milwaukee, Minneapolis-St. Paul)
- Region VI (Ft. Worth, Albuquerque, Houston, Little Rock, New Orleans, Oklahoma, San Antonio)
- Region VII (Kansas City, Des Moines, Omaha, St. Louis)
- Region VIII (Denver)
- Region IX (San Francisco, Honolulu, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Sacramento)
- Region X (Seattle, Anchorage, Portland)