Department of Health and Human Services
About the agency
What should others know about the agency?
Per the Annual 2015 HHS FOIA Report, "Information withheld may include home addresses and phone numbers, social security numbers, medical records, proprietary business records, investigatory records, that if released may interfere with open investigations, and drafts of documents".
Requester suggestions, tips and guidance
- FOIA requests to HHS can be submitted via email, mail, or fax to the appropriate contact. FOIA requests can also be submitted to the Department’s FOIA online portal.
Appeals suggestions, tips and guidance
Learned something about this agency's process through an appeal? Let everyone know.
- Administration for Children and Families
- Administration for Community Living
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
- Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry
- Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Food and Drug Administration
- Health Resources and Services Administration
- Indian Health Service
- National Institutes of Health
- Office of the Inspector General
- Office of the Secretary
- Program Support Center
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration