Department of Energy
About the agency
What should others know about the agency?
Per the Annual 2015 DOE FOIA Report, "The DOE invokes several of the FOIA’s exemptions to protect information that is:
- Classified as restricted data or formerly restricted data
- Pre-decisional and deliberative.
These types of information may not be granted under the FOIA to protect national security, proprietary interests of submitters; personal privacy of individuals, and open and frank discussion."
Requester suggestions, tips and guidance
- FOIA requests can be mailed, faxed, or submitted using an online portal. Links to addresses and the portal can be found here.
Appeals suggestions, tips and guidance
Learned something about this agency's process through an appeal? Let everyone know.
- Bonneville Power Administration
- Carlsbad Field Office – Waste Isolation Pilot Program
- Chicago Office
- Environmental Management Consolidated Business Center (EMCBC)
- Golden Field Office
- Idaho Operations Office
- National Energy Technology Laboratory
- National Nuclear Security Administration Office of Naval Reactors
- National Nuclear Security Administration Service Center
- Oak Ridge Office
- Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Richland Operations Office
- Savannah River Operations Office
- Southeastern Power Administration
- Southwestern Power Administration
- Strategic Petroleum Reserve Project
- Western Area Power Administration