Department of Commerce
About the agency
The Department of Commerce is the department of the United States government concerned with promoting economic growth.
Per the 2015 Annual Department of Commerce FOIA Report, "if the requested record contains both exempt and nonexempt information, the nonexempt portions which may reasonably be segregated from the exempt portions will be released to the requester."
Requester suggestions, tips and guidance
- The Department of Commerce says on their website that they prefer FOIA Requests to be submitted via the portal FOIA Online, used by many government agencies. However, FOIA requests can also be mailed to one of several points of contact, depending on the nature of one’s request. The Department of Commerce does not allow emailed FOIA Requests.
Appeals suggestions, tips and guidance
Learned something about this agency's process through an appeal? Let everyone know.
- Bureau of Industry and Security
- Census Bureau
- Economic Development Administration
- Economics and Statistics Administration Bureau
- International Trade Administration
- Minority Business Development Agency
- National Institute of Standards and Technology
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- National Technical Information Service
- National Telecommunications and Information Administration
- Office of Inspector General
- Office of Privacy and Open Government
- Office of the Secretary
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office