Department of Agriculture
About the agency
What should others know about the agency?
Per its Annual USDA FOIA Report for 2016, "[the] USDA makes records available to the public unless the information is protected from disclosure by one or more of the nine specific FOIA exemptions."
Requester suggestions, tips and guidance
- FOIA Requests can be emailed, mailed or faxed. The agency has multiple points of contact for FOIA Requests depending on the nature of the request. Find the appropriate address here. Also, the Department of Agriculture allow FOIA Requests to be submitted via an online portal called the Public Access Link (PAL).
Appeals suggestions, tips and guidance
Learned something about this agency's process through an appeal? Let everyone know.
- Agricultural Marketing Service
- Animal & Plant Health Inspection
- Departmental Management (OSEC/OCIO/ FOIA Service Center)
- Farm Service Agency
- Food Safety & Inspection Service
- Food, Nutrition & Consumer Services
- Foreign Agricultural Service
- Forest Service - Headquarters
- Grain Inspection, Packers & Stockyards Administration
- National Appeals Division
- National Finance Center
- Natural Resources Conservation Service
- Office of Budget & Program Analysis
- Office of Civil Rights
- Office of the Chief Financial Officer
- Office of the Chief Information Officer (OSEC/OCIO/ FOIA Service Center)
- Office of the General Counsel
- Office of the Inspector General
- Office of the Secretary (OSEC/OCIO/ FOIA Service Center)
- Research, Education & Economics
- Risk Management Agency
- Rural Development